Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The device which stops (‘damps’) the vibration of strings on keyboard instruments or of the membrane of a drum. On harpsichords it is a cloth flag in the top of ...

Subjects: Music.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.