English architect. He studied in London and in Paris at the Atelier Blouet, and became a partner in the practice of his father, Thomas Verity in 1889, specializing in theatre design. (e.g. The Empire, Leicester Square, London (1893–1904) ), and, later, cinemas (e.g. The Pavilion, Shepherd's Bush (1923), and The Carlton, Haymarket (1928), both in London). His grandest contributions to the urban fabric of London were his astylar apartment-blocks in the style of the Champs-Élysées façades in Paris, of which Cleveland House, opposite St James's Palace (1905–6), 12 Hyde Park Place, Marble Arch (1908), and 25 and 26 Berkeley Square (1906) were the most distinguished. For a time (1903–6) his assistant was Albert Richardson, and from 1923 he was in partnership with Samuel Beverley (1896–1959).
Architects' Journal, lxi/1566 (7 Jan. 1925), 36–59;A. S. Gray (1985);Jane Turner (1996)