Starting with the right sources is key to the success of any research project. But with billions of books and journals available from your library and via the open web, knowing where to begin can be a challenge.
Every day, students all over the world turn to acclaimed Oxford University Press content for their research needs. And now, the Oxford Index provides an authoritative starting place when beginning your paper or project.
A single click allows you to explore the breadth of Oxford and our partners’ award-winning content, and saves time by eliminating the need to perform the same search on multiple sites. Get a quick preview of your search results, whether articles, chapters, or whole books and journals, and then follow links directly into the full-text* of those items relevant to your research needs. Don’t have full-text access via your library? The Oxford Index provides all the bibliographic information (author, title, ISBN, etc.) you need to find your article or chapter in resources available either on the web or via your library.
Just beginning your research and trying to collect sources? The Oxford Index, driven by a powerful content-linking system, can point you to the most relevant related sources on your topic. From a single chapter, book, journal, or article preview, explore a wealth of related material within the same subject area.
Discover Content and Connections
- One Search: a single click delivers seamless discovery of over 2 million items of Oxford University Press academic and reference content, bringing definitive reference, journal articles, and scholarly essays directly to your fingertips
- Direct Links to Full-Text: found an article or chapter that’s just right for your paper or project? Identify materials relevant to your research with free abstracts and keywords, and then follow links directly to the full-text*
- Indication of Full-text Access: easily identify items to which you have full-text access, either through your library or personal subscription, and follow direct links into content
- Multiple Filtering Options: quickly narrow down search and browse results by subject, content type (chapter, book, journal article, etc.), or Oxford resource (University Press Scholarship Online, Oxford Journals, etc.) to easily locate the content you’re looking for
- Wired to your Library: don't have electronic access to the full-text? Links to your library's catalog allow you to quickly find alternate versions of a work.
- Personalized Accounts: sign up for a free personal account to save searches and bookmark content. Access your account from any internet-enabled device, anywhere – letting you take your research on the go
- …And More to Come: we’ll be continually expanding and improving the Oxford Index through 2013. Visit the About page to read about what enhancements you’ll see soon.
* Institutional subscription or individual purchase (where available) required