Journal Article

A spectrum of mutations induced by crotonaldehyde in shuttle vector plasmids propagated in human cells.

M Kawanishi, T Matsuda, G Sasaki, T Yagi, S Matsui and H Takebe

in Carcinogenesis

Volume 19, issue 1, pages 69-72
Published in print January 1998 | ISSN: 0143-3334
Published online January 1998 | e-ISSN: 1460-2180 | DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/carcin/19.1.69
A spectrum of mutations induced by crotonaldehyde in shuttle vector plasmids propagated in human cells.

More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Clinical Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics

GO

Show Summary Details

Preview

A spectrum of crotonaldehyde-induced mutations in the supF gene of the shuttle vector plasmid pMY189 replicated in human fibroblast cells was examined. Base sequence analysis of 104 plasmids with mutations in the supF gene revealed that the majority of the mutations were base substitutions (85%) and the rest were frameshifts (15%). A single base substitution was most frequently found (47%), while 25% had multiple base substitutions and interestingly 13% had tandem (adjacent two) base substitutions. Of the base substitution mutations, 50% were G:C-->T:A transversions and 23% were G:C-->A:T transitions. The mutations were not distributed randomly but were located at several hotspots, most of which were G:C base pairs in 5'-AAGG-3' (or 5'-CCTT-3') sequences. Production of propanodeoxyguanosine adducts may be related to such specificity in the mutation spectrum.

Journal Article.  0 words. 

Subjects: Clinical Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics

Full text: subscription required

How to subscribe Recommend to my Librarian

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.