(c. 1578–1675). English architect and master-carpenter. He designed and built several elaborate timber-framed structures in the English and Welsh Border Counties, e.g. the Market Halls at Brecon, Wales (1624—demolished), Kington, Herefs. (1654—demolished 1820), and Leominster, Herefs. (1633—dismantled 1861 and reconstructed as a house named Grange Court). He also built the stone Grammar School at Kington (1625), and was probably responsible for the Caroline timber screen at Abbey Dore Church, Herefs. (1633).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.