After attending the Strogonov School of Art and Industrial Design in Moscow, Adamovich travelled to Italy to study decorative painting in 1907. He returned to Russia in 1909, painting murals in St Petersburg and Moscow. After the First World War he worked in the art department of the State Porcelain Factory (known as the Imperial Porcelain Factory before the Russian Revolution and, after 1925, the Lomonosov State Porcelain factory). This was followed by service in the Red Army from 1919 to 1921, after which he returned to work in the State Porcelain Factory (1921–3), where he drew on revolutionary agitprop subject matter, including the head of Lenin, the Soviet Red Star, the hammer and sickle, and other emblems of the Soviet regime. He was subsequently awarded a medal at the 1925 Paris Exposition des Arts Décoratifs and worked at other major porcelain works such as the Volkhov Factory (1924–7) and the Dulevo Works (1927–33).
Subjects: Industrial and Commercial Art.