Started in 1923 as a monthly journal under the editorship of J. M. Murry, intended as a mouthpiece for D. H. Lawrence and himself. From 1927 it became a quarterly entitled the New Adelphi. Murry's editorship ended with a D. H. Lawrence memorial number in 1930, and the periodical became the Adelphi, incorporating the New Adelphi, which ran until 1955. Contributors to the three series include W. B. Yeats, T. S. Eliot, A. Bennett, H. G. Wells, Day‐Lewis, Orwell, and Auden.
Subjects: Literary Studies (20th Century onwards).