English sect. It was founded by H. J. Prince (1811–99), who, as a curate in Somerset, with his rector started a revivalist movement. Both left the C of E and in 1849 opened the ‘Agapemone’ or ‘Abode of Love’ in the village of Spaxton. His followers believed Prince to be a Divine being and their licentiousness led to grave scandal. The sect disappeared early in the 20th century.