The observatory of the University of Pittsburgh, at an altitude of 380 m in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, founded in 1860 but relocated on its present site, Riverview Park, in 1912. Its main instrument is the 0.76-m Thaw refractor, in operation since 1914 but fitted with a new objective lens in 1985. Other instruments include the 0.74-m Keeler astrometric reflector, opened in 1906 but given new optics in 1992.
http://www.pitt.edu/~aobsvtry/ Official observatory website.
Subjects: Astronomy and Astrophysics.