amounts differ

Quick Reference

The words stamped or written on a cheque or bill of exchange by a banker who returns it unpaid because the amount in words differs from that in figures. Banks usually make a charge for returning unpaid cheques.

Subjects: Financial Institutions and Services.

Reference entries