Overview

Society of Antiquaries


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Founded in 1707 by a group of like‐minded men meeting weekly at the Bear tavern in the Strand (London), it has had continuous existence since 1717. Gaining a royal charter (1751), then launching Archaeologia (1779), it moved to its present home, Burlington House, in 1875.

Subjects: Bibliography — British History.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.