Finding marketing resources on the Internet www.cim.co.uk
The Internet has a vast amount of information on marketing and related subjects available to academics, professionals, and students alike. Finding reliable data should not be difficult although a few points need to be taken into account. The material should be up to date. Small organizations and departments within academic institutions sometimes encounter funding difficulties and are unable to continue with their researches. Make sure to look at the ‘Last updated’ section of the main website page before using any data. Information should be obtained from websites run by universities, research institutes, and other reputable organizations. Websites maintained by individuals may not be up to date and comprehensive. It is also possible that the prejudices of those maintaining the websites will be reflected in the content and list of links.
A selection of useful websites for students of marketing
General Marketing Terms and Resources
• An extensive list of mainly Internet marketing terms. A–Z listing.
Chartered Institute of Marketing
• The website of the Chartered Institute of Marketing has a list of marketing terms, quite UK-centric, in their Knowledge Hub section. Includes case studies and research papers.
The Marketing Society
• The website of the Marketing Society, the UK's leading marketing association.
• Marketing resources on this UK business education website.
American Marketing Association
• Website of the American Marketing Association. Includes also a resource library.
• A virtual marketing library, part of the WWW virtual library, with articles, tutorials and many useful links. Relevant topics on marketing.
Quirk's Marketing Research Review
• Contains a glossary of useful marketing related terms. Term or definition search.
• Various glossaries around specific areas of marketing.
Hackers, Hits and Chats: An E-Commerce and Marketing Dictionary of Terms
• An e-commerce list of marketing terms.
MarcommWise marketing glossary
• Glossary of marketing communications terms.
Department of Marketing, Monash University
• The Monash University dictionary of marketing terms (Don Bradmore).
• Practical tips for online marketing.
• Marketing basics at the introductory level, particularly good for people new to marketing.
Consumer Behaviour: The Psychology of Marketing
• Introduction to marketing.
• Definitions of marketing acronyms.
Good Marketing Ideas
• Marketing ideas and strategies for beginners.
The Marketing Research Association
• A self-managed, not-for-profit organization providing programmes and services for market research professionals.
Advertising, Brand, and Public Relations Terms
• Important website on advertising.
• American Association of Advertising Agencies.
All About Public Relations
• Public relations organizations and associations.
• Brand and advertising terms.
• UK's Chartered Institute for Public Relations—resource, research, and learning section.
• History of classic British advertising on an online archive.
Google Webmaster is also an excellent resource for those practitioners wishing to understand how to optimize their searches and to market their websites.
From A Dictionary of Marketing in Oxford Reference.