German architect. As Oberlandbaumeister he directed building-works in numerous Electoral properties in Saxony. His major works were the Albrechtsburg (1471–1525—one of the most important German late-Gothic buildings, with its celebrated and fanciful vaults in the Great Hall), and the west end and towers of the Cathedral (begun 1479), both in Meissen. He was also involved in works at the Church of Unsere Liebe Frau auf dem Berge at Penig (c.1472), Rochlitz Castle, Leipzig Castle (1478–80), and Zwickau Cathedral.
Mrusek (1972);Nussbaum (1994);Jane Turner (1996)
Subjects: Architecture — Renaissance Art.