Related Overviews


'balustrum' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Altar-rail, cancelli, or chancel-screen. The last is more usually termed balustrata, while balustrum usually refers to the low balustrade or wall defining a choir, as in San Clemente, Rome.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.