A small prehistoric settlement occupied from about 1500 bc through to about ad 300 south of Ban Chiang in Khorat. After about 500 bc the site was important for metalworking and as the centre of a local tin–bronze industry that specialized in jewellery, axes, and projectile heads. From about 100 bc onwards, iron was also worked at the site, smelted and forged to produce hoes, knives, spearheads, and ornaments. Lead–bronze was also being cast to make, amongst other thing, bells and bowls.
C. Higham, 1984, Prehistoric investigations in northeast Thailand. Oxford: British Archaeological Reports International Series 231