barge board

Related Overviews



John Verge (1782—1861)


'barge board' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Also called berge-, gable-, parge-, verge-, or wind-board, an inclined board (often decorated) above a gable under the barge-course and covering the barge-couples or used instead of the last.

barge-board (After A. W. N. Pugin)

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

See all related reference entries in Oxford Index »

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.