baroque type

Related Overviews

Philip Gaskell (1926—2000) bibliographer and librarian



'baroque type' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Bibliography


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

*Gaskell’s term (NI) to group 17th- and 18th-century roman and italic types that fall between Renaissance and neoclassical styles; more usually called ‘transitional’.

Subjects: Bibliography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.