Bell and baluster turning

'Bell and baluster turning' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

In furniture legs, a baluster or vase shape is surmounted by an inverted cup (the ‘bell’). This type of turning is common in English furniture, especially in the 17th century, and also appears on American furniture c.1690–1720.


Subjects: Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.