(1899–1979). Slovak International Modernist architect. Among his works the National House, Banská Bystrica (1925), the covered bridge, Piešt'any (1932), the flour mill, Trnava (1936), and the National Bank, Bratislava (1938), are cited. He carried out restoration-work at the Slovak National Council Building and the Baroque Grassalkovich Palace (both 1940, and both in Bratislava). He designed the Trnava Water-Works (1946), and various buildings for the Slovak Technical University, Bratislava (1948, etc.).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.