below the fold

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

When a Web page is initially displayed in a browser the area of the page that is not displayed is referred to as below the fold. The term comes from the newspaper industry and originally referred to the paper which lay below the fold in a broadsheet.

Subjects: Computing.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.