Polish architect who contributed to the restoration of Warsaw's Old Town (1947–54), and helped, with Jan Zachwatowicz, to evolve Polish theories of conservation. He prepared prizewinning designs for the competition to design the new opera-house in Leipzig, Germany, in 1952, but the building erected (1956–60) under the direction of the German architect Kunz Nierade (1901–76) owed little to his work. He was a prolific author, writing on many aspects of historic buildings.
Biegański (1972);Puget (ed.) (1994);Wz Poly (1967)