Bleeding bowl

Related Overviews


'Bleeding bowl' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Shallow bowl with a flat handle, used by surgeons when bleeding their patients; the bowls were made of pewter or pottery, and occasionally of silver. In the USA bleeding bowls are sometimes called Porringers.


Subjects: Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.