'bowtell' can also refer to...

Elizabeth Bowtell (c. 1649—1714) actress

John Bowtell (1753—1813) bookbinder and philanthropist

Richard Bowtell


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Quick Reference

Also called boltel, bottle, boultel, boultin, a plain moulding with a convex section, such as a roll-moulding, ovolo, or torus. It is larger than an astragal or bead, and is sometimes used to describe the colonnettes or shafts of medieval clustered piers.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries