Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

1 Subsidiary structural timber, curved or straight, placed at an angle between vertical and horizontal members to complete a triangle and thus stiffen a timber frame. If supporting a rafter, it is called a strut. See truss.

2 See bracket-moulding.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.