Devon. The first abbey was founded in 1018. Ceded to the Abbot of Savigny in 1136, it adopted the Rule of Cîteaux in 1147 and remained Cistercian until its dissolution in 1539. A private house was built on the site in the 19th cent. and to this the exiled French monks from the abbey of La-Pierre-qui-Vire came in 1882. The present abbey church was consecrated in 1932.