A porcelain factory in Buen Retiro park, Madrid, founded in 1759 by Charles III when he acceded to the Spanish throne. All equipment, materials, and craftsmen were brought from the Capodimonte factory in Italy. One of the first creations was a porcelain room for the royal palace at Aranjuez (1760–5). Early wares, in the characteristic creamy white paste, included a wide range of figures and large figure groups; later products were mainly vases in the Neoclassical style. The factory closed in 1808.
Subjects: Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design.