Overview

Cambridge, Great St Mary's


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Commonly called the university church, this is a fine late Perpendicular parish church on a splendid site between King's Parade and the Market Square. The west tower, started in 1491, was only half‐finished in 1550, completed in 1608, and the proposed spire was never added.

Subjects: British History.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.