English architect. From 1949 he was Deputy Architect in the Schools Division with the London County Council (later GLC), and in 1958 Deputy Housing Architect in charge of the largest office of its kind in the UK. Forced to implement Government guidelines, he opposed the official view that the prefabricated systems of building were more economical than traditional methods, but nevertheless his department was responsible for the erection of many tower-blocks of apartments. He was responsible for saving and converting into apartments some derelict warehouses by the Thames at Deptford, the best part of the Pepys Estate there.
The Times (30 July 2002), 30