Related Overviews


'carver' can also refer to...

Alfred James Carver (1826—1909) headmaster

Brent Carver (b. 1951)


Catharine DeFrance Carver (1921—1997) publisher's editor

George Washington Carver (1864—1943)

John Carver (c. 1560—1621) colonial governor

Johnny Carver (b. 1940)

Jonathan Carver (1710—1780) explorer and writer

Kathleen Mary Carver Baxter (1904—1994) careers adviser and playwright

Leslie J. Carver

Raymond Carver (1939—1988)

(Richard) Michael Power Carver (1915—2001) army officer

Robert Carver (c. 1487—1573) composer

Robert Carver (1735—1791) landscape and scene-painter

Robert H. F. Carver

Thomas Nixon Carver (1865—1961)

Wayman Carver (1905—1967)


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Dentistry


Quick Reference

A hand instrument used to contour plastic materials. They are most commonly used to carve inlay wax, or amalgam alloy restorations before the amalgam alloy has reached its final hardness, or for carving or shaping composite restorations prior to final polymerization. They are manufactured in a variety of shapes to suit their purpose. A Frahm carver is double-ended with diamond-shaped pointed tips; Hollenback carvers are double-ended with angled flat lanceolate pointed working ends and are manufactured in a variety of sizes; a Le Cron carver has a pointed blade at one end and a discoid shape at the opposite working end; a Roach carver is double-ended with a flat pointed lanceolate blade in the long axis of the instrument at one end and a cup-shaped working tip at the other; a cleoid discoid carver is double-ended with a pointed spade shape at one working end and a disc-shape at the other; Ward's carvers are double-ended and are manufactured in a variety of shapes and sizes with either an angled pointed lanceolate working end or an angled rounded flat blade.

Types of carvers

Subjects: Dentistry.

Reference entries