Originally entitled Casa Bella this architectural and design magazine was founded by Guido Marangoni. Taken over by Domus in 1933 it was edited by the architect‐designer Guiseppe Pagano with Eduardo Persico as his assistant. After the Second World War it was edited by Ernesto Rogers (1953–63), previously editor of Domus, and featured the work of up and coming architects and designers such as Gae Aulenti and Aldo Rossi: G. A. Bernasconi succeeded Rogers, gaving way in turn in 1971 to Alessandro Mendini, who did much to promote a new generation of avant‐garde designers. Casabella was taken over by Electa in 1975, following which Tomás Maldonado became editor, working under a management committee. He was succeeded by Vittorio Gregotti.
Subjects: Industrial and Commercial Art.