Built by public subscription in memory of founder Cecil Sharp, to serve as the national headquarters of the English Folk Dance Society, and (from 1932) the English Folk Dance and Song Society, the House was opened on 7 June 1930. The building was badly damaged in the Second World War, and reopened on 5 June 1951. It houses the important Vaughan Williams Memorial Library. Address: 2 Regents Park Road, London NW1 7AY (Tel: (0207) 485 2206).
ED&S 16:1 (July 1951);17:6 (June 1953), 188.