Related Overviews


'chambranle' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Frame-like embellishments around apertures such as doors, fireplaces, niches, and windows, the equivalent of an architrave, and having the same profile as the entablature architrave. Its vertical sides are ascendants and the lintel-top is the transverse.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.