Quick Reference

The Benedictine community which has been at Chevetogne in Belgium since 1939 was founded in 1925 at Amay-sur-Meuse by L. Beauduin in response to Pius XI's request that Benedictines should pray for Christian unity. The community seeks to restore closer relations between the RC and other Churches; it is divided into two groups, the Latin and the Eastern, the one following the W. rite, the other the E. (Greek and Slavonic).

Subjects: Christianity.

Reference entries