Three Catalan architect-brothers, José Benito de Churriguera (1665–1725), Joaquín de Churriguera (1674–1724), and Alberto de Churriguera (1676–1750), who made substantial contributions to Baroque art and architecture in Spain and Latin America during C17 and C18. They started professionally by creating elaborate carved retables that were covered with ornament, including those in the Ayala chapel, Segovia Cathedral (1686–7), the Church of San Esteban, Salamanca (1692–4), and the Church of San Salvador, Legañes (1701–4).José Benito turned his attention to architectural matters when he designed the town of Nuevo Baztán (1709–13) with a main axis broken by three impressive plazas. Joaquín designed part of the Colegio de Anaya (1715) and the Colegio de Calatrava (1717)—both in Salamanca—in a more restrained manner, and Alberto was responsible for the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca, with its continuous arcade (1728 onwards), and the Rococo church at Orgaz (1738). He designed the main façade of the Church of the Assumption at Rueda (1738–47) with its portal flanked by two massive towers.
The family gave its name (Churrigueresque) to the richly elaborate Baroque architecture prevalent in Spain and its colonies (especially Mexico) in the late C17 and first half of C18.
Chueca Goitia (1951);Gutíerrez de Ceballos (1971);Kubler & Soria (1959);Pla Dalmáu (1951)