clew lines

Related Overviews


'clew lines' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Maritime History


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The lines or tackles used in square-rigged ships to haul the clews of the square sails up to their yards. Those used for the courses are often in the form of tackles and are called clew garnets.

Colin Mudie

Subjects: Maritime History.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.