column inches

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A measurement of area of typeset matter equal to the width of a column of type in a newspaper or magazine multiplied by its depth. Column centimetres are now replacing column inches in practice, although most public relations consultancies still refer to column inches when measuring the coverage their activities have achieved.

Subjects: Business and Management.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.