(1873–1942). Scarborough-born English architect. He entered into partnership with Samuel Bridgman Russell (1864–1955), and together they designed the Guildhall and Law Courts, Hull (1903–14), the Royal Grammar School, Newcastle upon Tyne (1904), and other fine Edwardian buildings. The partnership ended in 1912, and Cooper went on to design St Marylebone Town Hall and Library, Marylebone Road, London (1914–39); the imposing headquarters of the Port of London Authority, Trinity Square, London (1912–22); and the offices of Lloyd's, Leadenhall Street (1925–8— destroyed), among other buildings. His work was essentially Classical, and sometimes powerfully Baroque.
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.