cottage roof

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Name given to a decorative style popular in English bookbinding from c.1660 until well into the 18th century; its defining feature is a rectangular panel design whose sloping top and bottom edges resemble a roof or gable.


Subjects: Bibliography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.