Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

1 Surface of concave, more or less quarter-cylindrical form, usually applied to the cavetto moulding between a wall and coved ceiling, called coving. In many cases the coving is heavily ornamented.

2 Large concave part of a chancel-screen under the gallery, often with the appearance of vaulting.

3 Curved transition between an exterior wall and the eaves, called coved eaves.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.