cream cracker

'cream cracker' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Cookery, Food, and Drink


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Cream cracker is a British term for a crisp unsweetened biscuit, typically eaten with cheese. It was apparently introduced at the beginning of the twentieth century (the 1906 edition of Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management notes ‘Cream Crackers’ at 6d a pound), but its origin is not known.

Subjects: Cookery, Food, and Drink.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.