cylinder or rotary valve

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A special type of valve in brass instr., in much use in some European countries but in Brit. and USA applied only to the Fr. hn. The term is sometimes used for any kind of valve, e.g. It. trombone a cilindri (valve tb.).

Subjects: Music.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.