Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A small container, usually made of metal, that clips onto the edge of the oil painter’s palette and holds medium or diluent. They are often made in pairs—a ‘double dipper’. The American term is ‘palette cup’.


Subjects: Art.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.