Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The boundary between separate catchment areas or drainage basins. It is normally marked topographically by high ground. In British usage, a divide is sometimes called a watershed, but watershed has a different sense in US usage.

Subjects: Ecology and Conservation — Earth Sciences and Geography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.