English mason. He was in charge of the works during the construction of many new buildings at King's Hall (now Trinity College), Cambridge, including the range of buildings projecting north behind the Great Court (1417–22), and known as the King's Hostel. In 1427 work began on the new Gate Tower (completed 1432) forming the south entrance to the College, but later (1600) taken down and recreated on the north side of the Great Court west of the Chapel. Known as King Edward's Gate, it is the prototype of the Cambridge college gate-tower with corner turrets.
J. Harvey (1987)