(1859–1942). German architect. He taught in Dresden and acquired a formidable reputation as a theatre-designer. His works include the Dortmund Municipal Theatre (1903), the Dresdner Bank, Leipzig (1910–12), and the Technische Hochschule, Dresden (1912–14). He used massive rock-faced masonry, certain motifs derived from Jugendstil, and powerful, blocky forms in his compositions that stand comparison with those of Bonatz and Kreis.
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.