Overview

electrofonic violin


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Semi‐elec. instr. developed in 1938 by Marshall Moss, leader of the Nat. SO, Washington, and William Bartley, an engineer. The vn., which has no sound‐board, is played in the usual way, the mechanically‐prod. vibrations being picked up by electro‐magnets or a microphone and amplified through a loudspeaker. Similar instr., and a vc., was developed by Vierling, and there is a 5‐string electric vc. by Karapetov.

Subjects: Music.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.