Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Term used to denote the distinctions between private and service rooms in a medieval timber-framed house, with the upper or high end the private part of a hall and the lower end containing the entry and near the services.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.