German architect. He completed the choir of the Kilianskirche (Church of St Kilian), Heilbronn, in 1480, and was consultant architect at Ulm Minster in 1492–4, where he strengthened the tower. He seems to have carried out major works at the Church of Sts Ulrich and Afra, Augsburg, including vaults and the tower (1475–1506). His gravestone records that he was the master who built the Great Church of St Ulrich, and he probably designed most of the main fabric.
W. Papworth (1852);Sturgis et al. (1901–2);Jane Turner (1996)
Subjects: Renaissance Art — Architecture.