(fl. 1174–d. c.1214).
English master-mason. He worked under William of Sens on the rebuilding of Canterbury Cathedral, Kent, from 1174, and continued the works after 1177 (when Sens was injured) until 1184. He was responsible for innovations at Canterbury, as the Trinity Chapel and the Corona (circular chapel at the east) show. He may also have been involved at Chichester Cathedral (1187–99), and perhaps the Abbey of St Radigund, Dover, Kent.
J. Harvey (1987)