Obscure saint who has given his name to the Cornish village apparently named after him. An episcopal record of 1294 is the earliest written reference to this saint's church, and a 17th-century local history refers to a stained-glass window there ‘depicting a man in priests robes and under his feet was written St Feock’. This is now lost. Some have conjectured that he should be identified with Fiacre or with the Breton Maeoc of Dol, but on balance both identifications seem unlikely. A local well, adjacent to a hermitage site, may point to the existence and location of this saint, like others in the neighbourhood belonging to the 7th or 8th century.
Local information due to Mr C. D. North.